In 2015 Cargill acquired one of the world’s biggest feed producers, EWOS. Following the acquisition, Cargill gathered all its aqua feed activities into one new group called Cargill Aqua Nutrition (CQN), present in 20 countries and with headquarter in Bergen, Norway. This role will be based in either
The position is purchasing manager for marine ingredients for CQN Scotland and Norway. Main responsibilities will be sourcing of Fishmeal, Fish Oil and Fish Protein Concentrate for the CQN businesses in the North Sea region.
- Develop sourcing strategies for sourcing of fish meal and fish oil for CQN Scotland and CQN North
- Interact with suppliers and negotiate contracts. Search and implement possibilities to improve commercial terms.
- Work closely with Scotland and Norway organization to ensure optimal sourcing in accordance with demand and production prognosis
- Work closely with supply chain in the north sea to optimize logistics costs
- Work together with global team to execute global marine strategies in the local market.
- Interact with suppliers and brokers to obtain market information and attend relevant market forums and events
- Follow marine market locally and update global marine team. Interact with global marine team as primary point of contact for EU
- Work with suppliers to develop raw materials within the marine category
- Search markets for new raw material opportunities within the category
- Bachelor/Masters degree or commensurate experience
- Relevant experience within sourcing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong commercial mindset
- Strong ability to understand markets, gather and analyses data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to from strong relationships and build alliances with suppliers
- Strong attention to detail in planning and executing of sourcing to optimize costs throughout the supply chain
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Fluent in English, Norwegian knowledge is a plus
- Traveling between Scotland and Norway to be expected
- Some traveling to other regions to be expected
- The position requires considerable effort. Thus working outside normal working hours is to be expected
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Job location(s): Westfield, United Kingdom or Bergen, Norway. (Preferred)
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Kvalitet over kvantitet - reduser mengden irrelevante søknader samtidig som du øker sjansen for å finne den rette kandidaten med de rette kvalifikasjonene. Ved å annonsere på intrafish.no kan du spare tid og krefter på din rekrutteringsprosess.
Hvorfor kan du spare tid? Våre lesere er seriøse, erfarne kandidater innen sjømatindustrien som holder seg oppdatert på bransjenytt og som har en lidenskap for bransjen. Ved å annonsere hos IntraFish Media har du størst sjanse for å nå søkere innen sjømat. Våre lesere består av ledere og beslutningstakere samt mennesker fra alle nivåer og sektorer innen næringen.
Du kan booke annonser i dag - stillingsannonser på IntraFish er meget godt lest, året rundt. Vennligst kontakt oss på eller ring oss på telefon: +47 55 21 33 00.